Thursday, March 8, 2012

Time Out Thursday!

Theme of this week's "Time Out" is not exercise based!! M & I had a little date night last night in town, enjoying some yummy mexican food  & margaritas. This kind of time is so so so necessary and we've been  incredibly neglectful of our relationship for most of this winter sports season. It should never be an excuse, but the late hours of my job and huge commitment of M being a head coach really weighs heavily on us. Everytime winter rolls around, we switch from being husband & wife to roommates-seriously. We're so busy trying to be here, there, meetings, who's picking up Evelyn, who's feeding Evelyn etc etc that I know that personally I lose sight of the big picture. M loves coaching and I enjoy my job, so I guess we can't really change that but what we do need to do is make sure we find time for nights like last night: Two adults enjoying some frosty beverages and adult conversation. It was good to get out of the house and just "do us".  I wanted to take a pic of our fabulous margs to post here but I didn't wanna be the weird girl sitting at the bar taking odd pics of her drink :-) but it certainly was yummy.

What do you do to make sure your relationships/marriage stay solid??

No comments:

Post a Comment